Toyota Rav4 Reviews
2020 Toyota Rav4 Excel Review
Co2 Emissions - 104 (103 - 105) g/km
Tax Band - F
Insurance Group - 26E - 30A
0 to 62 mph - 8.1 - 8.4 secs
Engine Power - 218 - 222 BHP
Top Speed - 112 mph
The Toyota RAV4 is an all-hybrid range of mid-sized SUVs consisting of self-charging or new plug-in hybrid models.
All models get as standard:
- 17 or 18-inch, 5-Spoke Alloy Wheels
- 8-inch Touchscreen Infotainment System With DAB Radio, Bluetooth, Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Toyota Safety Sense 2 - Includes Pre-collision Assist with Cyclist & Pedestrian Detection & Adaptive Cruise Control
- Rear Parking Sensors and Reversing Camera With Dynamic Guides
- Front and rear electric windows
- Dual Zone Climate Control
Entry-level models get cloth upholstery, if you need leather interior start your research with the Excel trim-level.
- Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) airbags (7 airbags)
- Front passenger airbag deactivation
- Driver & front passenger Whiplash Injury Lessening seats
- ISOFIX child restraint system
- Child safety door locks
- Speed-detecting automatic door locking
- Front and rar seat belt reminders
- Tyre Pressure Warning System
- Intrusion alarm
- Motion sensor alarm
- Hill start assist
- Brake assist
- ABS (anti-locking brake system)
- Vehicle Stability Control
- Tilt detection sensors
- Trailer Sway Control
The RAV4 feels pretty reponsive from a standaing start, 0-62mph on 2WD models is around 8.4 seconds, while AWD models are a tad quicker.
2WD drive models have a trailer towing capacity of 800KG (braked) or 750KG (unbraked), AWD models trailer towing capacity is 1650KG (braked) or 750KG (unbraked).
The new plug-in hybrid models will go on sale the latter part of 2020 and will provide competition for established SUV PHEVs like the Mitsubishi Outlander.
The plug-in will use the same 2.5-litre petrol engine as the existing self charging models but with a bigger batterry and electric motor, it will pack more of a punch (302bhp) and boast 0-62mph in little over 6 seconds.
The RAV4 pug-in will capable of up to 32 miles in full electric mode.
- Colour TFT driver display
- 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Leather steering wheel
- Electric parking brake
- Front and rear elctric windows
- Dual zone climate control with pollen filter
Excel models add to standard interior features with:
- Leather interior
- Heated front seats and heated steering wheel
- Electrically adjustable driver's seat with memory function
- Navigation and voice control integrated with infotainment system
- Interior blue ambient lighting
The RAV4 features eyecatching chiselled looks, although not as radica lookingl as the Totyota CH-R the RAV4 certainly stands out in a crowded mid-sized SUV segment.
Exterior features include:
- 17-inch alloy wheels on entry-level models, 18-inch alloys on higher grde models
- Privacy glass
- Body-cloured door handles, door mirrors and rear spoiler
- Power adjustable/auto-folding and heated door mirrors
- Shark fin antenna
- Gloss black roof rails
- Dual exhaust pipes
Excel model get 18-inch alloy wheels, chrome insert on door handles, power/electrically operated rear door, puddle lights on door mirrors, wiper de-icer (front windscreen wipers), headlight cleaners and LED dual-beam projector headlights.
Entertainment and Infotainment System
All models get the 8-inch touchscreen with navigation, smartphone integration (Android Auto/Apple CarPlay), eCall (can automtically call the emergency services and report your location in the event of an accident).
Also inluded is Toyota Connected Services (remote access to your vehicle via a smartphone app).
Other driver aids inlcude automatic windscreen wipers and automatic headlights (with hgh beam assistant).
Driver Aids and Autonomous Driving Tech
Driver aids standard across the range include adaptive cruise control, speed limiter with memory function, reversing camera and rear parking sensors.
Advanced tech includes driver alert, lane deaprture warning/lane trace assist, road sign recognition and automatic high-beam.
Additional safety tech with Excel models inlcudes: front parking sensors, bklind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert,
Best Medium SUV - 2020 4×4 Of The Year Awards