Ford has introduced the all-new Ford Galaxy; a spacious, refined and technologically advanced people carrier offering luxury travel for up to seven passengers. Featuring the Ford’s latest global design language, the all-new Galaxy offers seven full-size seats, enabling families to easily switch between seating or load space with a segment-first feature that raises third-row seats at the push of a button.
Comfort is enhanced for front seat passengers with massaging Ford Multi-Contour Seats; and for rear seat passengers with integral link rear suspension that offers a smoother, quieter ride. The all-new Galaxy also supports drivers in town and on the highway with advanced technologies including Ford’s new Intelligent Speed Limiter, Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection, and Glare-Free High beam.
New Ford Galaxy Key Features
- All-new Ford Galaxy people mover delivers luxurious travel for seven with practical innovations, class-leading refinement, and advanced driver assistance technologies
- Galaxy offers sophisticated exterior with slim-line headlamps, raised beltline and large glass area; stylish interior features retractable panoramic glass roof
- Easier than ever to optimise for seating or luggage space with segment-first ability to raise, as well as fold, third-row seats at the push of a button
- Clever floor design makes getting in and out easier, second-row seats slide and tilt in a single action for entry to the third row
- Passengers will travel in comfort with Multi-Contour Seats and integral link rear suspension
- Galaxy could help drivers avoid exceeding speed limits, and incurring costly penalties with new Intelligent Speed Limiter; Glare-Free Highbeam optimises visibility for night driving
- Manoeuvrability and precision enhanced by Ford Adaptive Steering. Efficient, effortless cruising through EcoBoost petrol and TDCi diesel engines including 210 PS bi-turbo.
New Ford Galaxy Technology
Drivers are supported by systems that monitor speed limits, pedestrians and other vehicles to help them focus on the task of driving. Further systems include Ford’s Adaptive Front Lighting System that adjusts the headlight beam angle to match the driving environment, and can prevent dazzling other drivers with the Glare-Free High beam function.
Perpendicular Parking can detect and reverse the car hands-free into spaces alongside other cars in the same way that Active Park Assist helps drivers to Parallel Park. Park-Out Assist helps drivers exit a parallel parking space, the system operating the steering while the driver operates the accelerator and brake. Side Parking Aid delivers audible alerts and on-screen distances to obstacles around the vehicle.
Ford SYNC 2 with Voice Control enables drivers to operate phone, entertainment, climate and navigation systems using simple conversational language. A useful tool for family road trips or holidays, drivers can even bring up a list of local restaurants by saying: “I’m hungry” or search for attractions and points of interest by name.
SYNC 2 also features Emergency Assistance, which directly connects the vehicle occupants to local emergency services operators after an accident, in the correct language for the region.
New Ford Galaxy Engines and Performance
A new line-up of fuel-efficient engines will further enhance the driving appeal in the city and on the highway. The all-new Ford Galaxy will be available with Ford’s new 210 PS 2.0-litre TDCi Bi-turbo diesel engine, that offers enhanced responsiveness and 450 Nm of torque from 2,000 rpm.
“The new high-powered TDCi diesel engine follows the downsizing trend we’ve led with our Eco Boost petrol technology. Smaller engines deliver better fuel efficiency and emissions, and we claim the power back with advanced technology,” explained Andrew Brumley, chief engineer, Ford Engine Programs. “Sequential bi-turbo technology delivers the seamless performance consumers want every day in all conditions, and makes turbo-lag a distant memory.”
Petrol engine options include Ford’s new fuel-efficient 160 PS 1.5-litre EcoBoost and 240 PS 2.0-litre EcoBoost. The entire Galaxy engine range meets Euro Stage VI emissions standards with CO2 emissions and fuel efficiency enhanced using:
• Smart Regenerative Charging, which selectively engages the alternator and charges the battery when the vehicle is coasting and braking to recapture energy that would otherwise be lost – reducing engine load for less fuel usage
• Auto-Start-Stop, which automatically shuts down the engine when the vehicle is at idle and restarts the engine when the driver wants to move off
• Active Grille Shutter, which improves aerodynamics and optimises airflow for engine cooling