The Brand-New Ford Focus RS made its Global Debut at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show in Switzerland
The new Focus RS has been developed by a small team of Ford Performance engineers in Europe and US; this latest RS is the third generation of Focus RS cars, after previous generations launched in 2002 and 2009. This will be the 30th car to grace the iconic RS badge, after previous technology trendsetters, like the 16-valve 1970 Escort RS1600, the turbocharged Sierra RS Cosworth of 1985 with its extreme aerodynamic presence, and let’s not forget the four-wheel-drive 1992 Escort RS Cosworth.
New Ford Focus RS Highlights
- The new Focus RS made its debut at the 2015 Geneva Motor show; with advanced performance technologies to give the new Ford Focus RS a fun and exciting driving experience.
- The latest generation Focus RS has been given All-Wheel-Drive to the relief of many enthusiasts, who have been crying out for this new addition.
- Ford have also incorporated four different drive modes, including an All-New Drift Mode and launch control to get you off the line lightning quick.
- Now for the power; the new RS features a specially tuned 2.3 EcoBoost engine, which produces 320PS. This puts it on a par with the VW Golf R and the Seat Leon Cupra R, in terms of power.
- The most powerful braking system ever to be put in an RS model has been gifted to the new Focus RS, with Brembo front Callipers.
- The fearsome body design is optimised for improved aerodynamics and cooling, benefiting from 9% less drag than the previous Focus RS.
- The New Ford Focus RS will be built in Saarlouis, Germany. It will be a landmark 30th RS model for Ford and will be shipped all over the world.
“The all-new Focus RS is a serious machine with high-performance technology and innovative engineering that sets new benchmarks for driving exhilaration on the road and track,” explained Raj Nair, group vice president, Global Product Development, Ford Motor Company. “The RS line has a proud history of technical breakthroughs that have migrated to mainstream Fords to benefit all of our customers, and the new Focus RS is no exception. It’s a great example of our passion for innovation through performance and creating vehicles that make people’s hearts pound.”
“The new Focus RS represents Ford at its passionate best – delivering innovation, unmatched driving dynamics and stunning performance that was previously only available with high-priced performance luxury marques and exotics,” explained Jim Farley, Ford Motor Company executive vice-president and president Europe, Middle East and Africa. “We are acutely aware of the benchmarks we have set ourselves with RS performance models through the years, and rest assured that this new car raises the game to a new level.
“Just as important is the fact that with technologies such as EcoBoost, we are able to demonstrate how an innovation that powers almost every car in our range can also be the heartbeat of our finest performance cars.”
The new Ford Focus RS is expected to cost under £30,000, putting it around the same price range as the new VW Golf R and the Seat Leon Cupra R.
If your looking for a new Ford Focus RS, VW Golf R or Seat Leon Cupra R on the new 15 plate or 65 plate; give us a call on 0161 946 3500 to get your discounted new car price now ....