The new Vauxhall Mokka is a small SUV designed to compete with UK’s favourite SUV the Nissan Qashqai and the upcoming pretender the Skoda Yeti.
Firstly admiring the exterior of the vehicle you can’t really argue that it’s a fine looking SUV, however the earlier Mokka did face some criticism is some departments so let’s first take a look at those issues.....
Back in 2012 the Vauxhall Mokka faced some stinging criticism for its sluggish handling and overly-stiff ride, has it improved? ....In short yes, Vauxhall listened to the feedback and the 2013 model is much more responsive and ‘softer’ over bumps! There were also complaints that the original Mokka was a little bit too noisy in the cabin but Vauxhall again have definitely tightened things up in that department with cabin noise much quieter now, however we think there’s still some room for improvement especially on the diesel models.
Inside the Mokka is very practical vehicle with lots of leg room for even the larger adult plus there a lots of clever little storage space ideas. The boot is a decent size too although the Nissan Qashqai does trump the Mokka in that department but there’s little to choose in the space available.
As far as safety goes you pretty much got it all covered with the Vauxhall Mokka including switchable electronic stability, traction Control, descent control, hill start assist, anti-lock braking, driver and front passenger airbags, front side-impact airbags plus full-size curtain airbags.
The Mokka is available in 3 trim levels the Exclusiv, Tech Line and SE models.
You won’t be disappointed with equipment levels; the entry-level new Vauxhall Mokka Exclusiv for example features:
- Air conditioning/dual-zone electronic climate control
- Audio System - CD/MP3 player/DMB digital radio with aux input
- Audio controls mounted nicely on the steering wheel.
- USB connection and iPod control
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Adjustable Steering Column
- A Multi-functional trip computer
- Cruise control
- 60/40 split folding rear seats
- Remote control alarm and central locking
- Electric adjustable/foldable heated door mirrors
- Electric front and rear windows
- Alloy-effect protective front skid plate
- Side-protection mouldings
- Silver-effect roof rails
- Steering wheel with leather covering
- Centre armrest (in front)
- Automatic lighting control
- High beam assist
- Automatic windscreen wipers (rain sensing)
- Electro-chromatic anti-dazzle rear-view mirror
- 230-volt rear power outlet behind front seats
- Front fog lights
- Front and rear parking distance sensors
- Stainless steel exhaust tailpipe
- Silver-effect 18-inch alloy wheels
- Intelligent four-wheel drive (on 4x4 models only)
The new Vauxhall Mokka Tech Line adds an upgraded audio system along with satellite navigation.
The new Vauxhall Mokka SE adds:
- Leather faced seats
- Heated front seats
- Sports front seats with ergonomically designed driver’s seat
- Rear centre armrest with cup holders
- Adaptive Forward Lighting
- Bi-xenon headlights with dynamic beam levelling
- Heated steering wheel
- Driver’s sunglasses holder
- Chrome-effect exterior door handles
- Alloy-effect door sill covers
- Tined dark rear windows
- Midnight silver effect 18" alloy wheels
There are two petrol (115PS 1.6 litre VVT and 140PS 1.4 litre turbo petrol units) and 3 diesel 1.7CDTi (130PS and up to 60MPG) incarnations with the option of an automatic gearbox. Start/stop technology is available and manuals feature the ecoFLEX system to help maximise fuel economy, note all engines comply with the rigorous Euro 5 emissions standard.
We've had very high demand for these vehicles and have some very competitively priced with approaching £5000 off list price on some models of new Vauxhall Mokka deals. You can contact us on 0161 946 3500 and speak to one of our knowledgeable staff if you'd like some professional advice or use the search functions our web site to browse deals and select the vehicle of your choice.