The new Renault Megane has a different look! Some of the quirky curves have gone and the new look is a smoother more conventional looking hatch, we like the new look and think it will appeal to a wider audience. Available are a 5 door hatch version a sports tourer estate and a sporty coupe. The trim line-up has been changed slightly with the Expression being the entry-level model and the level of equipment for an entry model it is very good.
The new Renault Megane Expression models features:
- 16" Alloy Wheels
- Body coloured door mirrors
- Front fog lights
- Air Con
- 4 speaker audio system with fingertip remote control, AUX input, Bluetooth and USB connectivity
- Rear 60:40 split folding seats ,
- Quality interior dark carbon 'Santiago' cloth
The New Renault Megane Dynamique TomTom adds:
- 17" PLENUM alloy wheels
- Automatic headlights
- Automatic windscreen wipers.
- TomTom Live satnav system
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Keyless entry with push button start
- Interior Java' cloth upholstery in dark charcoal
- Cruise control and Speed limiter
- Leather steering wheel
The new Renault Megane GT Line adds:
- 17" Dark Chrome 'Celsium' alloy wheels
- Automatic Dual zone climate control
- Electrically operated and folding dark chrome door mirrors
- Extra tinted rear windows and tailgate
- Parking camera and rear parking sensors.
- Aluminium sport pedals
- Quality Arkamys 3D sound audio system
- Renaultsport seats in dark charcoal
- A Sport chassis and lowered suspension
- A GT line styled steering wheel with leather trim.
Renault are known for high standards of safety and the Megane received a full five stars in Euro NCAP crash tests, with an impressive four stars for child protection. It it also one of the first vehicles to be equipped with anti-submarine airbags, which prevent the driver and front passenger from slipping under their seat-belts during a crash. All models come with ABS with EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution) and Brake Assist, ESC (Electronic Stability Control with traction and understeer control), Front & rear curtain airbags and Front lateral airbags.
Engines range from a 1.2 to 2.0 litres options, all of the engines are relatively efficient. The 1.2 TCe turbo petrol is likely to be popular, which a fuel economy of 53.3mpg and emissions at 119g/km and the 128bhp 1.6 litre dCi diesel unit is economical at 70.6mpg and 104g/km. Many people these days are looking to dip under the magical 100g/km to eliminate road tax and London congestion charges if you are in this bracket you should look at the ECO versions, which manage an impressive 80.7mpg and CO2 emissions of just 90g/km.
The Megane Hatch should provide stiff opposition for the Focus, Golf, Astra and other similar vehicles with it's more mainstream looks which we think are very nice on the eye, economic engine options and considering the generous levels of equipment the Megane is very well priced.
Browse our latest new Renault Megane deals and special offers or phone 0161 946 3500 to speak to one of our knowledgeable staff.