New Seat SUV The Ateca
- Set for a public debut at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show in March, the very long awaited SUV or family crossover from SEAT has finally been announced and is set to go on sale this September, with prices starting around £18,000.
- Launch of its first SUV marks start of new era for SEAT
- Unique design with premium look-and-feel
- Dynamic, precise driving fun in every situation
- Excellent use of space, versatility and comfort
- Wide range of efficient, powerful engines up to 190 PS, plus all-wheel-drive
- Innovative high-tech assistance systems such as Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Traffic Jam Assist. Plus, first-class connectivity and additional technology highlights such as electric tailgate with virtual pedal and wireless charger
- Potential UK buyers can register their interest at www.seat.co.uk from 11 February 2016, ahead of showroom launch in September
SEAT unveiled its first SUV to the press in Barcelona yesterday, with the public showing coming at the Geneva Motor Show in March. The new Ateca is a unique combination of distinctive design, dynamic driving fun, urban versatility and compelling utility. First-class connectivity, innovative assistance systems and highly efficient engines are among its technology highlights ensuring Ateca will be one of the most innovative SUVs in the segment. Outstanding quality, precision production and attractive value-for-money combine to make it a true SEAT.
At UK launch this September, Ateca will be available in a wide range of variants. The choice of powerful turbocharged TSI petrol 1.0 TSI 115PS(53mpg), 1.4TSI 150PS(46mpg) with cylinder deactivation and TDI diesel engines spans from a 1.6TDI 115 PS(66mpg and 112g/km) to 2.0 TDI 150/190 PS (56mpg and 131g/km), with either front-wheel or all-wheel-drive, mated to manual or dual-clutch DSG transmissions. The extensive array of technology options extends from full-LED headlights through a broad portfolio of assistance systems, including some of the very latest Group technology, such as Traffic Jam Assist and Emergency Assist, right through to a package of high-end infotainment systems with eight-inch touchscreens and Full Link connectivity. Three trim levels will offer colours and top-quality materials to suit every taste, with the top-of-the-range being the Ateca XCELLENCE
Innovative highlights in the Ateca Once the driver is in the car, a ring of light surrounding the illuminated start button pulsates like a heartbeat, indicating the Ateca is all set for its next adventure. SEAT Drive Profile too, is on-hand for adapting the car to the current driving situation, road conditions and personal tastes. The range of innovative driver assistance systems is extensive. One example is Traffic Jam Assist: This assistance function makes progress in heavy stop-start traffic far more bearable. At traffic jam speeds, the Ateca steers, accelerates and brakes automatically within the system boundaries. At higher speeds of up to 37 mph, the system provides support with speed control and lane keeping.
In keeping with SEAT tradition, the new Ateca derives its name from Spanish geography, this time taking inspiration from the village of the same name which lies in the west of Zaragoza, right in the heart of the brand’s homeland.