Volkswagen have added a new model to the Passat range – The new VW Passat R Line model.
The new Volswagen Passat R-Line features eye-catching sports styling which includes a full body kit with chrome trim, the kit includes front and rear skirts and side sills, then there’s the impressive 18 inch ‘Kansas’ alloy wheels giving the car a muscular look. The new R-line also boasts at the front of the vehicle; fog lights, a front grille with R-Line badging and Bi-xenon headlights with LED running lights. The chrome trim theme continues with tinted windows with chrome surround.
Available engines match the new VW Passat Highline trim level and if you’re looking for a sporty look, reasonable performance but want to keep running costs under control then the Passat R-Line 1.4 TSI 160PS BlueMotion options might suit you as it offers a credible 144 g/km CO2 emissions and economy of 45mpg (combined) whilst still offering reasonable performance with a top speed of 137mph and 0-62 in 8.5 seconds. There are also the frugal diesels the 1.6 TDI (105PS) and the 2.0 TDi (140PS) which offer emissions of 114g/km and 119g/km respectively and a fuel economy of 64mpg and 61mpg. The 1.6 TDi might be a little sluggish for some people’s taste covering 0-62 in 12.2 seconds whilst the 2.0TDi is much nippier off the mark covering 0-62 mph in 9.8 seconds.
Note also that if you have been looking at the new VW Passat Highline option you can have the new R-line body kit fitted as an option, cost should probably be around an additional £900.
Here’s a more concise list of the new R-Line features:
- 'R-Line' styling kit with chrome trim
- 18 inch Kansas Alloy wheels
- Black grille with R-Line badging
- Bi-Xenon dipped and main beam headlights
- Sports suspension
- Tinted Glass
- Electrically heated and adjustable door mirrors
- Front and rear electric windows
- Multi-functional steering wheel
- Press and drive key
- Chrome trim interior around Instruments, air vents and on door panel
- Leather steering wheel and gear knob
- 8 speaker audio system; Radio/CD/MP3 with Bluetooth and USB support
- Multi-function computer
- Air conditioning
- Front and rear centre armrests
- ESP (Electronic Stability Control, including ASR and EDL)
- Start stop technology with brake energy recuperation
The all-new Volkswagen Passat R-Line trim level should be available early May, contact us 0161 946 3500 if you have any queries or are interested in placing an order.