The XC90 is Volvo’s muscular 7 seater SUV vehicle that combines the practicality of an MPV with off-road capabilities and the level of quality and safety that Volvo are synonymous with.
There are five trim-levels and plenty of options with the new Volvo XC90 ES, SE, SE Lux, Executive and R-Design range.
The entry-level new Volvo XC90 ES model features:
- 17 inch ‘Neptune’ alloy wheels
- RSC (Roll Stability Control) system
- Dual-zone climate control with pollen filter
- Rear parking assist
- Electric front and rear power windows
- Electric power door mirrors
- Interior leather-faced upholstery
- Leather steering wheel and gear stick
- Premium 8 speaker audio system with Radio/CD, USB and aux inputs
The new Volvo XC90 SE adds:
- 18 inch ‘Situla’ alloy wheels
- Brushed aluminium roof rails
- Automatic rain-sensoring wipers
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror
- Power adjustable driver’s seat with memory option
The SE Lux adds the following to the SE trim-level:
- 18 inch ‘Thalia’ alloy wheels
- Active bending xenon headlight
- Headlight cleaning system
- Chronograph instrument dials
- Premium soft leather upholstery
- Sanded silver aluminium trim
- Sat nav system
The new Volvo XC90 Executive is the top-end luxury model with 19 inch ‘Galateia’ alloy wheels, laminated windows and classy chrome door mirrors. Inside the executive model is walnut trim and top-quality soft leather upholstery with massage technology plus front and rear heated seats. Further enhancements include speed sensitive steering and a top-of-the-range audio systems with integrated satellite navigation.
The new Volvo XC90 R-design adds sports styling and handling to the SE features with 19 inch Ixion alloy wheels and an upgraded R-design chassis for more responsive handling. The exterior enhancements include matt silver door mirrors, four tail pipes and tinted rear windows.
Inside the R-design model you get unique leather-faced upholstery and front sports seats with side support, there’s a leather steering wheel and R-design unique aluminium interior trim and badging.
You are restricted to one engine, the 2.4 litre D5 AWD with 197bhp and 420Nm of torque which can achieve 0-60mph in 9.7 seconds. The XC90 drive is geared up for comfort, with soft suspension that soaks up bumps and it is ideal for cruising on long journeys.