New 2018 Ford EcoSport ST Line
Published Date: 20th Dec 2017
Fords compact SUV gets an overhaul for the beginning of 2018 that brings the model right up to date with the rest of Ford's line-up.
The new model for 2018 will be built at Ford’s manufacturing facility in Craiova, Romania. This is following Fords latest investment to the tune of 200 million euros into the site ready for the small SUV to start rolling off the production lines and into the UK and European markets.
They’re hoping to capitalise on the ever-growing SUV popularity that saw a 30% rise in 2016. Previously the EcoSport was built in India and shipped over.
You can see clearly the design elements all over the car shared with the recently revamped Ford Kuga and the recently released Ford Edge.
Alongside changes to the exterior Ford have updated the interior and technology. The compact SUV now gets new driver assistance technologies, Ford’s Sync 3 entertainment system supporting the latest android auto and apple carplay connectivity, rear view camera with rear parking sensors on titanium and above.
A total of twelve colours are available for the paint finish, if you’re after extra style and personalisation you can always add a contrasting roof and door mirrors for an extra cost that also extends to the spoiler, down the A and C pillars and the top of the door frames.
“Ford has sold more than 166,000 EcoSport compact SUVs in Europe since we first introduced the model to the region in 2014, and last year sales grew 40 per cent,” said Steven Armstrong, group vice president and president, Europe Middle East and Africa, Ford Motor Company. “The new Ford EcoSport offers customers even more style, comfort, capability and choice – blending rugged SUV functionality with city car practicality.”
The New 2018 Ford EcoSport Standard Equipment
Plenty of savings to be made on the new 2018 Ford Ecosport here
Zetec Trim Includes
- 16" 5-spoke Magnetic painted alloy wheels
- Halogen headlights with LED daytime running lights
- Front fog lights
- Chrome-finish front grille
- Electrically-operated and heated door mirrors
- Quickclear heated windscreen with heated washer jets
- Electrically-operated front windows
- Manual air conditioning
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel with audio controls
- Leather-trimmed gearknob and handbrake handle
- Ford SYNC 3 DAB Radio with 6.5" Touchscreen
- Emergency Assistance
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- USB connectivity and 6-speakers
- Ford MyKey
- Thatcham Cat 1 Alarm with remote central locking
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Hill Launch Assist
- Tyre Pressure Mointoring System (TPMS)
- Ford Easy Fuel
- Trip Computer
Titanium Includes, in addition to Zetec.
- 17" 10-spoke Flash Grey machined alloy wheels
- Power folding door mirrors with puddle lights
- Silver-finish roof rails
- Electrically-operated front and rear windows
- Partial Leather Seats
- Front door threshold plates
- Keyless Start with Ford Power Start button
- Auto lights, Rain-sensing wipers and auto-dimming mirror
- Ambient lighting
- Cruise control with Adjustable Speed Limiter
- Electronic Automatic Air Temperature Control (EATC) air conditioning
- Rear-view camera with Rear parking distance sensors
- Ford SYNC 3 Navigation with 8" Touchscreen
ST Line Includes, in addition to Titanium
- 17" 5-spoke Dark Tarnish alloy wheels
- Sports Suspension
- Black-finish roof rails
- Contrasting coloured roof and door mirror housings
- Unique ST-Line bumpers and side skirts
- Large rear spoiler
- Front door threshold plates with
- ST-Line logo
- Sports pedals with stainless steel inserts
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel with red stitching
- Leather-trimmed handbrake handle and gearshift gaiter with red stitching